Friday 12 October 2012

Rest In Peace Aluu '4'


Found this in the comment section. Please
read...
Goodnight Pain. "thieves, thieves" he
screamed, it was almost funny. Not until
more voices joined the chorus as they
screamed and shouted on us. We could
have ran at least to save our lives, but
our intentions were genuine and little
did we know how the day would end.
From a handful of young men shouting
and throwing questions at us, it
escalated to a crowd of angry mob.
There was no way we could escape this
one, so we calmed down. They pushed
us around and then stripped us all.
These men pulled us pants down, we
were more than embarrassed, the whole
community watched, I recognized few
faces from the crowd. Obviously they
were so afraid to say "stop" then the
beating started, I wished it to be just a
nightmare. But it was real, these men
were determined. They dropped heavy
rocks on our heads, they pounded our
faces with large planks, blood covered
our eyes, they matched and kicked us
right on our bleeding nostrils, we
couldn't breathe.
"Bring tire" one of the men repeated, until
they brought the tires. "Oh God!" We
watched the crowd watch us, we raised
hands of plea, we couldn't speak, Some hid,
some shot videos and took pictures. there
was no one to stop this. This was the point
we knew it was over. We felt pain, helpless
and hopeless. I thought of my siblings, I
wondered how my mum would take this. She
would fall apart. I begged God to hold her for
me, comfort and make her strong for me, I
prayed same for my friends. Then we started
crying, we cried together. the tears gave us
headaches. We looked up high, the sky was
still. Rings of tires landed on our necks, they
kept hitting us, but we were numb already.
They set us ablaze. We rolled around, tried to
reach for each other, I wondered who would
give up first, the fire burned our bodies. it
hurt, it hurt and then it hurt. But suddenly
the pain stopped, Then I couldn't hear any
other thing, but silence. I thanked God. the
pain was over and Gods glory was revealed.
Goodnight pain. RIP ALUU#4:

No comments:

Post a Comment