Friday 28 September 2012

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Affair With Housekeeper Was 'Stupidest Thing I've Done'




Arnold Schwarzenegger is speaking out for the
first time about his affair with housekeeper
Mildred Baena, which resulted in a secret child
and the demise of the former California governor's
marriage to Maria Shriver.
In a new interview with "60 Minutes'" Lesley
Stahl, the actor admitted he's not proud of his
marital transgressions.

"I think it was the stupidest thing I've done in the
whole relationship. It was terrible," Arnold said of
the affair, after Lesley pointed out Maria "gave up
her television career" for her then-husband. "I
inflicted tremendous pain on Maria and
unbelievable pain on the kids." Arnold writes of
the affair with Mildred (as well as fathering a
child, Joseph, with the woman) in his new
autobiography, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably
True Life Story," and also reveals he stepped out
on his marriage to Maria with an additional
woman.
The actor said that though the incidents in the
book (which Maria has not yet read, according to
Arnold) may not paint him in the best light, he
wanted to let people in on all parts of his life -- the
good, the bad and the ugly.

"She knows that it's about my whole life," he said
of Maria's knowledge of the tell-all. "I would not
write a book and kind of leave out that part and
make people feel like, 'Well, wait a minute. Are we
just getting a book about his success stories and
not talk about his failures?'"
Adding, "I wanted to write a book about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment